Monday, April 5, 2010

Flourless Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies



I made these cookies as a backup in case my cheesecake turned out awful. I didn't even know they were flourless until I finished mixing the ingredients and thought something was missing! These cookies were good, but not as great as I thought they'd be. Maybe because I burnt some of the bottoms! Apparently, I was having a really bad baking day. However, I did follow the baking times. I checked them at 10 minutes and they didn't look quite done, so I left them in for 2 more minutes. (The original recipe says 10 - 13 minutes). They may be worth trying again if I bake them correctly, but I feel as if there are so many other chocolate and peanut butter recipes I'd like to try!

Adapted from: http://www.bakingbites.com/

INGREDIENTS

1 cup crunchy peanut butter (natural or national brand)
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 large egg
1/2 tsp vanilla extract (optional, I used it)
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1 1/2 tbsp cocoa powder
2 tbsp water
1/2- 3/4 cup chocolate and/or peanut butter chips

DIRECTIONS
Preheat oven to 350F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. In a small bowl, whisk together cocoa powder and water until smooth. In a large bowl, stir together all ingredients, including cocoa powder and water mixture. Add chocolate chips at the end of mixing. Drop by tablespoonfuls onto prepared baking sheet and flatten slightly with a moistened finger. Bake for about 10-11 minutes at 350 F, until golden brown at the edges. Cool on pan before removing to wire rack to cool completely. Makes 2 dozen.

No comments:

Post a Comment