Saturday, April 3, 2010

Cottage Fried Potatoes


Wow, I started this post back in February and forgot to finish it! My husband and I cooked dinner together for Valentine's Day and this was my contribution. I know what you're thinking - no desserts?? Actually, no I didn't make any. I thought I'd take a stab at making a side for our dinner, since I would end up being the one to devour whatever chocolate sweets I made anyway. These turned out really well, except that I think I should have sliced the potatoes thinner. It took much longer than the supposed 8 - 10 minutes. I also kept adding butter! At any rate, these potatoes were very good! There's an alternative way to make these in the oven with Parmesan cheese....maybe next time!

Adapted from: New Cookbook Bridal Edition, Better Homes and Gardens


INGREDIENTS
3 tablespoons butter or margarine
3 medium potatoes
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
1/8 teaspoon black pepper
1 small onion, thinly sliced and separated into rings


DIRECTIONS
In a large skillet, melt butter. (If necessary, add additional butter during cooking.) Layer sliced potatoes in skillet. Sprinkle with salt, garlic powder and pepper. Cook, covered, over medium heat for 8 minutes. Add onion rings. Cook, uncovered, for 8 to 10 minutes more or until potatoes are tender and browned, turning frequently.

No comments:

Post a Comment