Friday, January 22, 2010

Chocolate Rebels


My friend Muffin got me a chocolate baking cookbook for our Secret Santa party and I thought it was about time to try a couple of recipes from it. After making the batter, I tasted it and it seemed to be missing something. I grabbed a bag of semisweet chocolate chips and dumped some into the batter. I think it gave the cookies what I thought was missing! I can't say exactly how much I added, probably about a cup. These were tasty, but the second cookies I made from this book were wonderful...

Adapted from: "Chocolate Galore" by Caroline Barty

INGREDIENTS
2 cups rolled oats
1 1/2 cups self-rising flour
1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder sifted
1 cup light brown sugar
1/2 cup sugar
pinch salt
1.5 sticks butter
1 egg beaten
4 TBSP milk
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips (optional, the recipe didn't call for it)

DIRECTIONS
Preheat the oven to 350. In a large bowl mix oats, flour, cocoa, sugars & salt. In another bowl mix butter, egg, milk and vanilla. Pour wet ingredients into the dry ones and mix well. Add chocolate chips if desired. Place tablespoons of cookie mixture at regular intervals but not too close together on a nonstick baking sheet at bake 12-15 min. Turn onto wire rack to cool completely.

No comments:

Post a Comment