Sunday, January 31, 2010

Baker's Edge Signature Cookie Bars



A pan with only edges?! Yes, it exists! My brother got me this for Christmas - it's called the Baker's Edge pan and only makes bars/brownies that have edges so every piece is cooked evenly. I had to try one of their recipes (if I try one of my own I will have to experiment with cooking times...). Since I didn't have all of the ingredients for their brownies, I tried their cookie bars. They were very crispy (maybe I baked them too long despite the instructions?). I noticed the batter was very thick as well. Still very good - my husband said he liked dipping them in a glass of milk ....after they were gone of course, so I didn't get to try this!
Adapted from: www.BakersEdge.com

INGREDIENTS
½ cup Unsalted Butter, Softened
1 ¼ cup Brown Sugar
1 ea Egg
2 tsp Vanilla Extract
½ tsp Baking Soda
½ tsp Baking Powder
½ tsp Salt
1 ¾ cups All Purpose Flour
2 tsp Instant Coffee
1 cup Chocolate Chips / Candy Pieces

DIRECTIONS
1. Preheat oven to 350ºF.
2. Beat the butter and the sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg and vanilla extract until just combined.
Add the dry ingredients and beat into the butter mixture just until combined. Stir in the chocolate chips or other candy pieces.
3. Divide the dough into 4 balls and roll each into a log. Place each log into a section of the pan and spread evenly (logs should join at pan bends).
4. Bake for 30 minutes or until lightly browned.


No comments:

Post a Comment