Saturday, January 30, 2010

Chewy, Fudgy Triple Chocolate Brownies



I stumbled upon a new blog and found some really great recipes! http://www.annie-eats.com/ is not just a baking blog, so maybe I'll try some of her non-baking concoctions. (I said maybe.) I have been looking for a brownie recipe that rivals box brownies and this one takes the cake! I feel like a terrible baker since I always loved box brownies as opposed to my homemade ones (with the exception of the mint cookies n' cream brownies I make, they're fabulous but a little too holiday-esque for any other time of year.) These are dense and chewy and very chocolatey! I'm so excited I finally found another brownie recipe I can repeat. Maybe next time with some peanut butter chips??? :)




INGREDIENTS
5 oz. semisweet or bittersweet chocolate, chopped
2 oz. unsweetened chocolate, chopped
8 tbsp. unsalted butter, cut into quarters
3 tbsp. cocoa powder
3 large eggs
1¼ cups sugar
2 tsp. vanilla extract
½ tsp. salt
1 cup all-purpose flour


DIRECTIONS

Place an oven rack in lower-middle position and preheat the oven to 350° F. Line an 8-inch square baking dish with foil and spray lightly with nonstick cooking spray; set aside.
In a heatproof bowl set over a pan of barely simmering water, melt the chocolate and butter, stirring occasionally until smooth. (I just melted together on the stove in a pot.) Whisk in the cocoa powder until smooth. Set aside to cool.
In a medium bowl, combine the eggs, sugar, vanilla and salt; whisk until combined, about 15 seconds. Whisk in the warm chocolate mixture until incorporated. Then stir in the flour with a wooden spoon until just combined. Pour the mixture into the prepared pan and spread with a spatula to make an even layer. Bake until slightly puffed and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with a small amount of sticky crumbs clinging to it, 35-40 minutes. Transfer the pan to a wire rack and let cool to room temperature, about 2 hours.
Remove the brownies from the pan using the foil and transfer to a cutting board. Cut into squares as desired. Store in an air-tight container.

No comments:

Post a Comment